Late in the 1890s, after the building was damaged by fire, the Methodists built a new building around the old one. The church, called the Centenary Methodist Episcopal Church, was dedicated on January 20, 1901. In 1922, the church was remodeled again.
In 1923, the Evangelical Church built a new building, called the First Evangelical Church, on the corner of Wilson and Seventh Street.
From 1920 to 1940, the Methodist Episcopal Church absorbed eight other churches—the German Methodist Episcopal Church in town and Methodist churches from tiny nearby settlements. The Episcopal name was dropped nationally in 1939.
In 1946, the national Evangelical Church and the Church of the United Brethren in Christ merged to become the Evangelical United Brethren Church. The Menomonie church became First Church Evangelical United Brethren ( E.U.B.).